The term yoga can be a little intimidating and confusing, and we totally understand that. Sometimes class selection and level can feel vague. One of our major goals here at Island Life is to demystify a yoga practice to help make it more accessible to everyone. Our goal is to bring joy and inspiration to healthy eating and fitness. Therefore we offer a variety of different class options and lengths to help yoga fit into everyone’s lifestyle.
- We know that going through our class schedule might leave you wondering
what to tackle first (we have trouble deciding which classes to take ourselves… we love them all!), so we thought we’d step in with a few suggestions to make it smooth sailing for your first class with us.
If you’ve never done yoga, pilates or group fitness classes before, here are a couple of classes to consider starting with:
- Hatha Rise & Shine- This M,W, F 10:30 class is a 60 minute class designed to energize your body and mind before a hectic day begins. These will focus on full body movements, sun salutations, core work and some balance poses.
- Slow Flow Gentle Yoga-Thursdays at 5:30- This class is a relaxing and opening combination of yin and restorative yoga, gently moving through floor movements and focusing on breath while being fully supported by props. This class is extraordinarily gentle and accessible, open to all levels of students.
- Sunday-Fun Day Yoga- Sunday's at noon- Stretch and strengthen your body and your mind as you center and balance yourself. Rest and recharge to prepare you for your week. You will increase body awareness through this Hatha based practice well suited for all levels.
- Breath & Balance Saturday's at 10:30 will begin with different breathwork techniques designed to sharpen the mind and raise energy, then move into a moderately paced flow including sun salutations and warrior flows. You will leave this class feeling empowered and peaceful, ready to take on the weekend!
These classes are all lovely and well suited to a beginner, and a great place to start your yoga journey!
If you’re an ‘ol pro and want to maintain your pace or step it up to the next level, here are a few classes we think you’ll love:
- Power Vinyasa Flow Tuesday's at 6 pm
- Pilates Wednesday's at 5:30 pm
- We also offer private and personalized yoga and personal training. Here at Island Life we offer yoga, Pilates, and fitness boot camps in a group class format, and private personal training and yoga in a private one-on-one or small group format.
No matter what class you decide to take or instructor/trainer you choose to work with, we know you’re going to feel great afterward, and we can’t wait to welcome you into the Island Life family.
Hit “reach out" below letting us know if you have any other questions, need more suggestions, or need help securing a spot on our schedule!