At Island Life we will be following all best practices as recommended by the CDC and our mayor to help keep our students as safe as possible. The specifics on the CDC's policies that we are following can be found here.
- The most important thing- if you feel sick at all, please stay home! If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any COVID symptoms or have been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms, please stay home! We are more than happy to extend the expiration date on your package if you reach out and let us know.
- Class sizes will be kept small to ensure social distancing guidelines can be followed. Classes will be kept to 6 students with markings on the floor to direct students where to put their mats, which will be 6 feet apart.
- Everyone who enters the studio is required to wear a mask for the duration of their visit.
- We no longer have yoga mats available for students to borrow. Students must bring their own mat or purchase one from the studio. Here is a site that has a variety of mats in different price ranges that we like.
- We have new touch less sanitizer available as soon as you enter the studio and ask that everyone sanitize upon entering and anytime after you cough or sneeze. All soaps and sanitizer will now be touch less.
- We are sanitizing all high touch surfaces every hour and will do a deep clean of the studio after every class.
- For personal training clients all equipment will be disinfected before and after every use, and we will maintain 6 feet of distance during the session.
- While we will not be taking our students temperatures before every class, we will be taking our own at the beginning of every work day so you can feel comfortable with your instructors.
- We will be running 2 air purifiers before, during, and after every class and training session. We will also open all the windows during class to help keep adequate fresh air flow.