Are your classes friendly to “new to yoga” folks?
- Absolutely! We will offer a beginner class three days a week, but all of the classes will be focused on being accessible to all different fitness levels. As instructors we will always give modifications for people who aren’t as flexible or who aren’t comfortable with certain poses or movements. We realize that yoga studios can be intimidating to some people, and here at Island Life we are going for the opposite of that! All are welcome!
- We believe being healthy needs to be convenient to be a joyful habit. Our busy lifestyles often make a 60 minute workout or class unrealistic, and feel like a chore. Our class times and lengths are created to work around a busy home and work schedule, to allow our clients to take advantage of the benefits of yoga without missing out on anything else in their day.
- Most of our classes will max out at 20 students, to keep it small and inclusive, with plenty of teacher and student interaction. However, our Sunday restorative class will have a maximum of 14 students, to bring you the ultimate relaxing and pampering experience.
- Great question! You can book classes and pay for them directly from our website, on the bottom of every page under the book classes button. We offer memberships, 5 and 10 packs, and drop in classes. And gift certificates for that lucky someone who needs a bit of Zen in their life.
- Definitely! If you are new to the studio and do a drop in class we will need to get some information, so be sure to get to class a bit early. And you can always sign up for the drop in online and you take care of that from the comfort of your own home.
- We encourage students to bring their own mats, but if you forget you can rent a mat for $5.
- Whatever you feel comfortable in! Sweats, leggings, t-shirts or tanks. Whatever gives you free range of movement and makes you feel good. We will practice barefooted, so keep that in mind also.
- Absolutely not! One of the most beautiful aspects of yoga is that it is accessible to people of all sizes, fitness levels, and ages.
- Whenever you can fit it into your day and you feel energetic is the best time. That may be different for everyone.
- Common practice is to refrain from eating for 2 hours before you practice, or just having a small piece of fruit.